Hello everyone! Today I’m doing a really fun tag I saw over at The Nameless Book Blog. I read through their questions and I have a lot of these issues, and I’m sure you guys do too! That’s why I’m inviting everyone who’s willing to answer these questions open and honestly to join me in participating in this tag! Let’s get on to the questions shall we?
(1) You have 20,000 books on your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
Honestly, I’m a total mood reader. So it basically just goes off that, unless I have a book I really need to get a review out for.
(2) You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
Usually, by the halfway point I’m committed. Even if I’m not liking it, I try and stick with it. If I DNF a book, it’s at about 50-100 pages in. After that, I’m committed.
(3) The end of the year is coming and your behind on your reading challenge. Do you try to catch up? How?
A good holiday read-a-thon is always fun at the end of the year right? Last year, I was so behind though I kind of just aimed for 20 books and just aimed higher for this year. My goal is 40 for the year and I’m 75% done with it soooo, it might get raised.
(4) The covers of a series doesn’t match, how do you cope?
I cope just fine. It doesn’t bother me too much actually. I know it bothers other people but it really doesn’t get to me as much. I’m not willing to re-purchase a book just so the covers can match on my bookshelves lol.
(5) Everyone and their mother loves a book you don’t. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
Twitter. That’s what Twitter is for. There is always someone out there, who shares the same feelings with you on a certain book. Trust me.
(6) Your reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
This has actually only happened to me one time, and luckily it was really sunny out that day. I was at my brother’s little league game and I luckily had sunglasses on. Try the sunglasses trick, it worked for me.
(7) The sequel to a book you loved has just came out but you forgot what happens. Do you re-read the first book?
I have a strict no re-read rule. There’s just way too many books to read in general that I don’t want to waste my time. In my eyes, If I can’t really remember it, I probably didn’t actually enjoy it that much.
(8) You don’t want anyone to borrow your books, how do you say no?
Just say no. My 13 year old cousin constantly asks to borrow books, makeup, old stuffed animals, purses, you name it. ‘Borrow’ means keep, which is fine!, but unless I don’t want that book, my books are strict on a no borrow mode, unless I know they are a really responsible person.
(9) How do you get out of a reading slump?
Just keep trying to switch reading moods. You may think your in a contemporary/romance mood, but pick up a thriller, see if that kind of kick-starts anything for you.
(10) How many books do you end up buying?
I buy about 3-5 books a month. Which is pretty good seeing my TBR is 130 books deep.
(11) After purchase, how long do those books sit on your TBR shelf?
Depends on the book, but most likely anywhere from a month to two months. There are a few books though that I bought like last summer and whoops, I don’t even have any plans on reading them! Haha.
| Twitter | Instagram| Goodreads |