Hey everyone! Happy Saturday! A little life update, but basically I have been absolutely exhausted this past week or so with constant anxiety, and when I get like this I definitely tend to just want to take more time and watch Youtube, relax, play Animal Crossing and chill myself out. So yeah, that’s basically been my life for the past week. I am starting to try and get on track though which is nice.
I was tagged to do this post by Mary from Sophril Reads! Please anyone who feels up to doing this fun tag, defintely participate! Let’s get onto the book tag shall we?
1) What book has been on your shelves the longest?
While It Lasts – Abbi Glines
2) What is your current read, the last book you read, and your next read?
Currently I’m reading Blitzed by Alexa Martin, I just finished More Myself by Alicia Keys and hmm…. my next read will probably be Love and Luck by Jenna Evans Welch
3) What book did everyone like, but you hated?
I would have to say Milk and Honey… everyone loved this little poetry book and I just did not. Way too over-hyped book.
4) What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but probably won’t?
Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. Honestly I don’t think I’ll finish the series, even though I really want to.
5) Which book are you saving for retirement?
I think a nice re-read of Fifty Shades of Grey after I retire would be nice lol.
6) Last Page: Do you read it first or wait until the end?
Haha I am so guilty of this sometimes! Never will I do this in a Mystery/Thriller, but in all other books I may or may not do this…….
7) Acknowledgements: Are they a waste of paper and ink, or interesting?
I wouldn’t say it’s interesting so to speak, but an author deserves to write a thank you to the people who helped them publish that book.
8) Which book character would you switch places with?
Honestly, none? I mean all the books I read the characters go through some SHIT let me tell you. I’m good where I’m at haha.
9) Do you have a specific book that reminds you of something in your life?
Daisy Jones & The Six will always be the book that reminds me of my relationship with my dad. Both my dad and I are big music fans and we would always watch those VH1 shows where the explain the whole backstory on different bands. I think that definitely attributed to my love for this book a little bit as well.
10) Name a book that you acquired in a interesting way.
I have a book that my ex-bestfriend let me ‘borrow’… but before I could return it she cyber bullied me online, so she never got it back 😈
11) Have you ever given away a book for a special person?
I give books away to my younger cousin all the time to encourage her to read. She has a difficult time being able to follow along, but I think her sitting and being able to read on her own definitely helps calm herself and settles her anxiety.
12) Which book has been with you the most places?
All of my Abbi Glines books have been with me the most throughout the years. Her Sea Breeze series has definitely been around for some time now.
13) Any ‘required reading’ you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
The Great Gatsby is actually a really good book now that it isn’t require reading since I’m no longer in high school lol.
14) Used or Brand new?
Brand new! I love the smell of new books. Clean pages…. mmm makes me happy thinking about it.
15) Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
Haha, is it sad I had to look up who Dan Brown is? And then realize he’s like actually super popular and that I’ve kind of been living under a rock my whole life? Hahahaaha………..
16) Have you ever seen a movie that you liked more than the book?
Hmm… I think the To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before movie was 100% better than book one. I think that book was basically just meant to be written as a movie.
17) A book that’s made you hungry?
With The Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo
18) Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
Definitely Lala from BooksandLala on youtube.
19) Most read authors?
Abbi Glines, Shari Lapena, J.K. Rowling and a three way tie between Christina Lauren, Stephanie Garber and Marissa Meyer.
20) Ship from two different books?
Hmmm…. I would have to say Nova from the Renegades series and Jacks from Caraval. But Nova when we first met her in the series, not towards the end. Two very evil people together. One with magic, one with powers. I mean cmon, Jacks with his kiss of death and Nova with her sleep powers????! Cmon guys. I have something here.
I tag anyone who wants to do this! Please do so!